Monday 13 June 2011

Animal Prints – Love or Hate?


Here’s a confession: I’m terrified of animal prints.

Shoes by Matthew Williamson
I know, I know, they’re supposed to be extremely in fashion and yes, I can appreciate that they do look good in some cases but… I. Just. Can’t. Wear. Them. In fact I'd even go so far as to say that animal prints are a classic style that's stood the test of time.

That’s not to say I don’t buy animal prints. I do, but unfortunately they sit at the back of my closet patiently waiting for the day I’ll take them out. I don’t know if I’m too scared of the loud patterns or if I just don’t know how to style it.

Bag by Valentino

What do you guys think? Trashy or trendy? If you’re a follower of this trend (and even if you’re not) let me know what you think!

Animal prints on the runway

Red carpet sightings

Saira Bano in 'Padosan' (1968)

2 comments:

  1. Love the Animal Prints. They remain in fashion through out the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously adore animal prints, abstract leopard spot, Panther pattern, zebra stripe and the list goes on and on and ....!!!
    Even better, though, is the sight of one of God's creatures stamped in its entirety on to a garment. It rarely fails to evoke flittish cries of “ooh” and then “aah” from even the most hard-nosed fashion commentator so why do I ignore.

    ReplyDelete